Fujifilm disposable camera (Simple Ace 400) - First roll


We call individuals who are usually early customer of a product or technology as 'early adopter', they have early access to it before everyone else gets their hands on it. Like my mom and dad, they've recently started playing camera drones, getting pretty good at it and me, I don't even have any idea how to use it. And plus, the idea of camera drone doesn't excite me at all. I'm not too sure why.

If they're called early adopters, I'd call myself a slow adopter...πŸ˜… I'm usually very slow to the point I can't even use my smartphone in smart ways. All I do is pretty much just texting, calling, taking photos, looking through instagram and facebook feed. Pretty dumb for a smartphone user, ain't I?

Instead of new photography trends, I actually prefer vintage & old school kind of photography because I find it much more unique and special. So I've decided to give myself a new interesting and trendy hobby - film photography

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different." - Coco Chanel 

Fujifilm Simple Ace 400

My Japanese colleague went back to Japan for a holiday and I asked her if she could get me a fuji disposable film camera, because it's waaaaay cheaper than anywhere else. I mean like DUHHH, it's Japanese company. So yes, she got me 3 of them yay I think it was like 20 ringgit each.

I've been saving it for David's trip to Malaysia and tried my first ever film roll with him. But guess what? It's 27 shots, but ended up getting just half of it because of so many blank and faint photos...LOL but I kind of saw it coming since it's my first time.

Well, how happy am I with the results? I'd say...3.5/5, it's not 5 star rating because I lost half of the photos but I still love the ones I got. So I wanted to share it on my blog.

And I love taking photos in general, but what it makes me love it even more is that taking photos of your loved one. Looking at the photos of David gives me reminiscence and especially the printed ones are just so priceless. (I love polaroids too) πŸ“·❤️ 

So here it is -

David: "What are you looking at?"

David's signature pose

The Replacement - Lodge & Kitchen in Johor Bahru

까뢈이

Brunch date

My feeling-very-awkward face

I've got the swimmer's shoulder lol

Only selfie we got, but I guess it kinda failed...

Beer holic

Beer holic 2


Overall, it's been a very fascinating experience trying out this Simple Ace. It's given me an interest in film photos, so I've been searching up if there are any good conditioned second hand film camera. Think I will be getting one soon, gonna start off with a not-too-pricey one to try out. I've got a 60 dollar one, Ricoh FF-9D. I can't wait to play with it!

So back to the point - If you're interested in film photography but you're new to it, I highly recommend you guys to play around with disposable (one time use) film camera like how I did and get a little bit of hands-on experience.

I guess I will be coming back to blog about new rolls with my Ricoh camera very soon, see ya! 🧑




Comments