Phuket, I phu-king loved you - Part 1
It's always good to spontaneously thrive on adventure, so my family and I went on a getaway trip to Phuket over the long weekend. Thanks to Malaysia general election, I was basically given a free holiday yay!
I've been to Phuket when I was little, about...15 years ago? Which means...I don't remember anything from the previous trip lol so I was really excited to revisit Phuket.
Without Airasia...I wouldn't have been able to travel so much.
It was an hour plus flight, so it's all good.
DAY 1
We rented a car and drove to the hotel we booked for 2 nights,
Dream Phuket Hotel & Spa
This hotel hotel had a very reasonable price.
Our room was the Suite Executive Two Bedrooms & was RM900 per night.
What caught my eyes was the pool, look at the sun beds by the pool!
Look at the elephant they made with the towels, so cuteee!
We went to the hotel restaurant to have lunch cause we were dying of hunger...
And ta-da! Finally some Thai food in the actual elephant land.
I love phad thai, som tam and kra pow.
And I never forget to take this Thai McDonald man hehe,
but his hands were not doing the Thai hand gesture of saying hi...
Thai corn pie is the SH*T!!!
On the way to Patong beach, the famous street *ehem*
I heard Patong street usually gets super crowded
but it wasn't so crowded because I went there right after dinner...
But man, I was really surprised at their touting...I mean why would I watch the show?
It was a long walk back to the beach area where we parked the car, but interesting.
My sister did some online searching for the night market and found this local night market.
The name of the market is Chillva Market
and it's located at Yaowarat Rd Talat Yai Amphoe Mueang.
The night market looks pretty snug and chilled, doesn't it?
They have variety of Thai street food, clothes, accessories and a bit of live band show.
I'd definitely recommend to visit this cute night market if you're coming to Phuket.
DAY 2
Had a quick breakfast and headed out to the beach club run by Dream hotel.
Dream Beach Club
CHANG, my favorite Thai beer 💚 in my cute floats.
My sister and I chilled here for a little while, love these kind of relaxing vibes.
Went to another night market nearby, Boat Avenue.
It was similar to Chillva market, but this one has more tourists around.
One thing I love about Thailand is that they have better and cheaper food in the streets than restaurants, and it never really disappoints me. This trip to Phuket has gotten me a strong desire to live in Thailand just for a month...I hope one day I will get to do that.
Next stop was at Phuket old town, it looked exactly like Jonker street in Melaka
but more colorful.
While walking on the little streets, a pretty shop with clothes and accessories.
The Moon, the weather was boiling hot so we were looking for any restaurant with air-conditioning and we found this restaurant and it was our favorite restaurant out of all we went.
Would come back for sure, on my next trip!
I've always wanted a rattan bag with pom pom, and finally got myself one of those!
And stopped by this pretty cafe for some mango & coconut ice cream.
MAN the fruits are so fresh in Thailand, but it wasn't as cheap as I thought it would be.
However, GOOD FOOD IS ALWAYS WORTH THE MONEY, ISN'T IT?
And later in the evening, we went back to Chilva market for some good local food.
...and the night ends!
🌙
Link to Part 2 -
Comments
Post a Comment