Brisbane, the Queen of Queensland
After contemplating for hours, we finally made a decision to leave Gold Coast and drive to Brisbane city. We checked out from our apartment to go to Brisbane with our hot red vroom vroom, I think it took us around an hour to get to the city of Brisbane.
I love road trips! I mean, I know right? Who doesn't? What I love about road trips the most is the driving part with good snacks and good music. I'm one of the girls who actually enjoy driving, but never for an unreasonably long drive. One of the worst driving experience was when I drove to Great Ocean Road...I had hard time trying to fight drowsiness. Anyways, I personally think destination is not the matter of any kinds of trips but it's all about the companion. Now go out there and let loose your wild adventurous spirit with the people you love, because wherever you go and feel somehow becomes a part of you.
It was a fun ride listening to trance + hardstyle all the way, had a mini rave in the car driven and DJ-ed by David. He always tells me that anyone sitting in the passenger seat has to DJ and I try, always tells me off and disconnects my phone...for being a shit DJ. Ends up he's always the one driving and dj-ing.
“Travel sparks our imagination, feeds our curiosity and reminds us how much we all have in common.” - by Deborah Lloyd
On the way, I saw my dad’s school, Griffith University haha so I took a photo and showed him. He said he misses his youth when he was living in Queensland with mom, aww.
I wore wedge heels out, but my feet were scraped all over after walking in it for 10 minutes. I never had a thing for high heels…I’m a sneaker lover. Got scolded from David and he walked all the way back to the car with my heels and brought me a pair of my sneaker.
(How sweet?) 💜
(How sweet?) 💜
I was in an urgent need of caffeine, so we got into the first coffee shop we happened to see. It is named Gauge, located at 77 Grey St, South Brisbane Queensland 4101. It was a small cozy cafe, with specialty in coffee and unique styles of brunch menu.
Handsome & gentle doggie 😻 I think dogs have similarity of the appearance with the owners.
We sat outside, took our time slowly to enjoy our coffee. I heard from David that Aussies call americano as long black, mmm. I mean, I don’t really know the difference. Apparently it’s just a delicate difference in the order of pouring water and espresso.
But like, who really cares? 💁
But like, who really cares? 💁
Triple the trouble 😙
Then we went to the city for lunch, I can’t remember the name of the restaurant…but it was in the corner of some street. They had Italian food mostly, we had beef lasagne, spaghetti bolognese and bruschetta. It was pretty good and the staffs were kind <3
Bruschetta
Spaghetti bolognese
Beef lasagna with garden salad on the side
After a good lunch, we walked around the city. It was in 2013 when I last visited Brisbane, the city looked a little different than 4 years ago. The streets were beautiful.
Omg, favorite doughnuts in Aus 🍩🍩🍩 never say no to sweets
What is this place!?!?!?!?
What caught my eye while walking around the streets was…this place.
Jimmy’s on The Mall is located at Queen St & Albert Street, Brisbane City Queensland 4000.
They had so many choices on draft beer, and my all time favorite is little creatures, pale ale.
Poor cho dog couldn't have a beer, because he had to drive around (soz). He had a red bull lol
Brisbane streets are much more quiet than Melbourne streets since the population is half the number of Melbourne. As much as I love big cities with more diverse culture, I think I’d prefer living in a smaller city by the time I get married and have kids.
Then we came to South Bank on the Brisbane river, the famous Ferris wheel. I don't really like riding it, but I just enjoy looking at it. And David has fear of heights, maybe I do too...? I'm not sure.
Brisbane river 💙
It was just too windy to take good photos...so I gave up.
QT pies 💛
Tried taking so many shots, but these are the top 3 decent ones...👀
All of a sudden, David goes up the rail and does some funny poses 😂
Walked a little further, where they sell food and drinks. Beer o'clock again?
Here we are, the famous photo zone in Brisbane hehehe it's much bigger than I thought.
Yes, beer o'clock again. Since David couldn't drink because he had to drive, we decided to have just one pot each and wait for a few hours until the body detoxifies alcohol. *Cheers*
Kissy faces 😘😘
"Bitch, you can't sit with us"
To wait for detoxifying alcohol in us, we sat on the grass and talked about what we were gonna do in Melbourne. Then all of us were feeling drained from walking around the city for the whole day, so we left to go back to Gold Coast. Since I have a bad night blindness, David wanted to drive back. I felt so bad for making him drive back and forth…But thank you for caring b, you’re the best.
His little dimples, still giving me butterflies in my stomach 💗💗
.
.
.
Even though it was just a short day trip to Brisbane, we had our time to go around and check out the attractions. One thing I enjoyed the most was the bright but breezy weather. It wasn’t hot and it wasn’t cold either. Brisbane was delightful. Overall, I’d say it was a good road trip with no single regret. From what I’ve seen, Brisbane is more relaxing than Melbourne; not too crowded. Since it’s one of the oldest cities in Australia, it was more cultural too; in terms of how buildings look like and stuff.
I liked you Brisbane, you treated us good. I will come back, one day in the near future. 💜
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete