Brunch date with my Mel


Since I was little and while growing up, I was always surrounded by my sister and her friends. Not that I didn't get along with anyone my age or anything, it just happened. Come to think about it, it might have been because my parents didn't really let me go out on my own when I was young. Wherever I wanted to go, they asked my sister to take me around. Then she took me around with her friends. Mmm.

Then it has gotten to the point, ever since then I started feeling more comfortable being around people older than me. But honestly I don't think age really matters, even most of my friends are near my age anyway - just by three years older. I don't know why Koreans are exceptionally obsessed with age...*smh*

The irony is that, I never really had a change to hang with anyone who is younger than me though, until I met this cute lil bitch I love. Her name is Melinda and she's younger than me by one year. Both of us don't even remember how we first met or how we've become close. She's basically the 'only' younger one I'm close to, besides my relatives and all that.

I tend to forget at times that she's younger than me because she doesn't act like one at all. She acts like an elder sister to me, always scolds me for something I do. 😝 And that'd be the biggest reason why I get along with her.

She came to kl for two weeks, yay. Oh, some of you might even be familiar with her. She used to live here but she went back to seoul for good around 5 years ago, yeah, bitch left me :( But it's alright, I've been seeing her once every year at least, she comes and I go every now and then.
.
.
.
I picked her up from her friend's place and took her to one of my favorite brunch places, Birch. It's located at Jalan Damanlela, Bukit Damansara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur. We had to rush because we had just an hour till kitchen closes.


We ordered two signature plates to share & ice americano = perfect brunch


1. Birch Benedict (RM26) - Spicy pulled chicken, barbecue sauce, poached eggs, hollandaise sauce on toasted 7-grain dough, with charred cherry tomato and green salad on the side.

2. The Breakfast Plate (Rm35) - Two eggs on toast, cheese and mushroom chicken sausage, beef bacon, birch hash, mushrooms, onions, peppers, charred half tomato, rocket, kasundi (Choice of soft scrambled, sunny side up or poached & choice of toasted 7-grain sourdough or crusty white)

Overall, I'd rate these two dishes as 9/10. Definitely know why they're the signature dishes!


Afternoon beers, anyone? 😃
If there's one thing we're mismatched, that'd be drinking. Mel isn't a drinker, BOOO. 👎



Love the interior as well, it's always a good crowd with perfect sunlight. 🌞





Girls...🙋🙆💁 can never skip taking selfies
.
.
.
Then we decided to go somewhere else for desserts 😙 

Jaslyn Cakes, located at 7A, Jalan Telawi 2, Bangsar Baru, 59100 Kuala Lumpur.


I reckon Jaslyn is one of the best cake shops in town and their cakes run out really fast. The earlier you go, there will be more choices of cakes will be available. By the time we got there, there were these cakes available and we picked red velvet and ginger scone with jasmine green tea and lemon green tea.




Their cakes never disappoint me, so gooddd. Chit-chats over tea, not bad (not my usual thing)




When we're apart from each other, we always say there's so much to tell each other. But when it comes to the situation, we always lose the train of thoughts and start talking about something else. I don't understand how our conversation is just never ending, pretty sure all the girls are like us lol.


Had such a great day with you. Love you big time, lil sister. ❤️


Beautiful sunset on the way home 🌇

Comments