Kaiju @ APW - Japanese x Thai Fusion
Back on my main blog after nearly a month, because I've created a Naver blog just for my own kinds (Koreans). For me, writing in English is preferable to writing in Korean because somehow I find it much easier. Definitely not for speaking though, speaking in my own first language is much easier for me like DUH. Putting all the unnecessary information aside, I'd like to share this terrific restaurant I recently visited in Bangsar. A very good sisterly-friend of mine Lisa, was back to KL for a short while from Singapore and she took me to this place to have dinner last week.
It's called Kaiju @ APW, located at 29, Jalan Riong, Bangsar, 59100 Kuala Lumpur.
Daily opening hours - 12pm - 3pm (Lunch) & 6pm - 10pm (Dinner)
Kaiju is fairly a new restaurant with a very unique concept of Asian fusion, focusing mainly on Japanese x Thai. It's a walk-in restaurant, so you don't need to make reservations. But since it's a popular place nowadays, I'd suggest you to go on a not-busy weekday to avoid any waitings.
I love neon light signboards, so prettyyy!
What first caught my eyes was the pink-colored neon light signboard of the restaurant and the plain glass windows the next. It's a very pretty restaurant.
We ordered 4 dishes to share.
Bara-bara Chirashi (RM30) - Original Kaiju style mixed sashimi rice bowl
This was absolutely amazing, just enough amount of sashimi and enough seasoning.
Beef (I forgot the name, BUT this was my favorite dish out of all 4)
This dish is my ALL-TIME-FAVORITE, it was some seasoned beef with vegetables..
Tom Yum Udon (RM28) - Udon, fish noodle, prawn, squid, mushroom, egg
This tom yum udon was pretty good, but I wished there were stronger taste of tom yum.
Seafood Manow Nabe (RM30) - Salmon, squid, prawn, tofu, fish noodle, vegetables with spicy manow sauces
Their nabe was probably the least favorite dish for me, just because it was a small portion (lol)
Overall, all of Kaiju dishes were very tasty and offbeat. I've never had Japanese x Thai fusion dishes before. I'll definitely be coming back to have their dishes any time soon.
After a good dinner, we went to this beer bar just next to the restaurant but they didn't seem to have draft beer so we decided to go around Bangsar Village. Draft beers are the best, aren't they? YES.
We ended up at Mantra bar, again.
And had talks over beers and wine, about how each one of our life has been. Lisa seems to like Singapore but she said nowhere can be better than Malaysia lol, which I strongly agree. I mean, if I were to choose to live in 3 countries: Korea, Malaysia, Singapore - no doubt I'd still choose to live in KL. It's like our comfort zones that we just can't get out. But eventually, I'll have to leave you...But until then, be good to me!
Comments
Post a Comment